Your Ad Here

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Make Up Tutorials

I have always admired fabulous make up artistry from a distance but never dabbled much myself. A very simple and clean look is usually what I go for. Mascara has been my best friend for the longest time but other than that I am pretty minimalist in the makeup department. I love it, I just don't do it.

However with my new found love of performing I have had to learn a whole new bag of tricks, one of them being make up. My resource for most things is you tube, as always it is jam packed with tutorials, and really great ones on all kinds of things including make up.

My fav new places for make up tips are EnCore Makeup, xsparkage and askmemakeup. If you have any others I would love to hear about them. I have a lot of catching up to do and am trying to learn as fast as I can.

So I thought I would show you Saturday night's look. Be kind, I am seriously a beginner. I would love to hear your tips and comment though.

make up check

make up check

My make up collection is one big mixed bag so I really need to go shopping and get myself sorted. For this look I used MAC face and body foundation, Maybelline Cover Stick, MAC loose powder, Revlon Skin Lights illuminating powder, tarte tipsy cheek stain. On the eyes a base of Bourjois charcoal covered with MAC satelilite dreams, Ben Nye hot pink and MAC gold pigment under the brow and in the corners of the eyes. I used the Ben Nye on my lips also with the gold MAC pigment dusted on top and lashings of raw cacao butter. YUM! Oh and of course, lots and lots of Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascara because I am a mascara junkie!

It was pretty simple and felt good. I would however love some tips on how to keep stage makeup from creasing on your eyelids - tips please??

p.s. I really should have photoshopped out my wrinkles and horribly dirty kitchen in the background but who has time for photoshop when there is make up to be done??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...