Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Return to Tokyo

I am back in Tokyo after a gorgeous time in Australia. It went by too quickly but the weather was perfect, I achieved all that I set out to do and I got to spend everyday with my mama relaxing, shopping, eating and just hanging out.

Arriving in Brisbane airport I was whisked away to the Sunshine Coast to hang out with my nan and gran. The perfect opportunity to get a bit of family hooping happening.


I cannot even describe how beautiful the weather was. Returning to Australia makes you realize what an outstanding country it is. The space, the beauty, the smiles are so very missed being away from it.

And then there was Sydney. I have been to Sydney many times in my life for various reasons - shopping, parties, friends, travel. This time blew me away. I can honestly say if I could pack everything into a bag including Masao and move to Sydney next week I would. The planets were superbly aligned on our visit. Mum and I took the quick flight from Brisbane to Sydney and from the moment we stepped off the plane Sydney did it's best to impress!


I had heard people in the past, non Sydney dwellers, refer to the city using all sorts of negative terms. After living in Tokyo for more than four years now I saw Sydney as a city that knows what it wants, provides for diversity and offers spectacular scenery to delight the senses. Of course that is from a visitors point of view, but I am still a bit Sydney starstruck.

While I hooped it up with Bunny Hoop Star and a fantastic group of talented women, Mum hit the streets with camera in hand documenting her kilometers of travel on foot in photos, hundreds of them! Naturally she ended her Sydney adventure with a long reflexology session at one of Sydney's many massage centers.


The Sydney journey was made even sweeter by the accomplishment of three of my big goals for the year. 1. Meet Bunny Hoop Star 2. Become a certified hoop teacher by April 1. and 3. Purchase at least 10 hoops by April 1. I plan to write a whole post about the weekend of teacher training.


Arriving back in Tokyo last night I saw the cherry blossoms from the sky and knew I had to christen my new hoops under the blossoms today. It is good to be back, I have massive plans and some how I have a feeling Australia will feature more heavily in them than I had previously envisioned. Yay for international hoopiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...