Your Ad Here

Friday, November 14, 2008

Barbie Goes Fashion for her 50th Anniversary

I don't know about y'all, but when I was a young buck, I was obsessed with Barbie. The house, bubble bath, corvette, I wanted (and still have) everything!!!
So when I read in WWD that Barbie would be getting a fashion makeover for her 50th anniversary, I had to report!
They say, “Mattel is lining up new partnerships with Bloomingdale’s, Vera Wang, Jeremy Scott, IMG and the Council of Fashion Designers of America. The company plans a runway show in February, as part of fashion week in New York, with 50 as-yet-undisclosed designers who will produce life-size outfits inspired by Barbie [including] a life-size wedding gown designed by Vera Wang, which includes a Barbie wearing a miniature version of the dress." How cute is that?? I might have to make a return trip to NYC to see it!
Ah, I remember the days of putting grease in my Barbie's hair. That didn't really work on the blondes, but no matter.
What are some of your Barbie memories??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...