Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beauty Bomb: Skin Tips for Winter

It's Adri, back on the scene after a quickie fashion jaunt to Boston (more deets on that soon!) but first things first...did NYC just get Arctic overnight?! Brr! My skin is not feeling this at all, so it must be time to enact my winter regime. Here are a few of my favorite tips for keeping your skin healthy and looking fabulous during winter!

1. Limit the hot water on your skin:
I know it's hard--what's better than a steaming hot shower on a cold day? But too much hot water dries the skin out, so keep the showers to just warm and save the high heat for your swagger ;-)
2. Step Up the Body Moisturizer:
If you use a light moisturizer in summer, transition to something thicker with an enriching ingredient, like Vitamin E. I double-swear by Creamy Petroleum Jelly with Vitamin E)--it's so rich that sometimes I can skip a day (but in winter I hardly take chances!).
3. Make your makeup work double duty!
Use foundations, lip tints, and other products that have side benefits like moisturizers and sunscreens. Ever since I interviewed celeb makeup artist Jackie Gomez, I've been addicted to Korres's Lip Butter, which has great natural hues and built-in moisturizing ("Quince" is my go-to).
4. Sunscreen!
80% of the sun's rays STILL get through clouds, snow, etc., and one of the big myths about having melanin is that it prevents skin cancer when in fact it only just lowers your chances--brown and black folk are still susceptible. Light-weight sunscreens are the best--my fave is Bliss's Oil-Free Sunban Lotion with SPF 30.
5. And don't forget to hydrate from the inside-out with as much water as possible:
...especially during the winter months when cold can dry you out just as easily as heat in summer (not to mention the healthy glow and blemish banishing it gives your skin).
~Adri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...