Your Ad Here

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Designer B Michael On Criticisms of Michelle Obama

Not all African-American designers are up in arms over Michelle Obama's Fashion Choices! Designer B. Michael...
...issued the following press release after the Black Artists Association expressed their distaste:
"For the record I would like to state that the statement made on behalf of the Black Artists Association does not represent my point of view.
I understand their sensitivity and respect their right to express it.
I personally believe it is an unfair expectation to place on the First Lady. Fashion is subjective and a matter of personal choice.
As a designer of Color I would encourage the fashion industry, editors and media to lead the way and be more inclusive. True change in America is going to be a collective effort.
As an American Designer I am excited that Mrs. Obama, in her role as the First Lady, will heighten the awareness of American style which resonates into business and jobs in the fashion industry."
I applaud Mrs. Obama for her style and her choices. Most of all for wearing what really matters, dignity and grace."
Well said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...