Your Ad Here

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tea Group




It was a lovely evening as Phyllis and I arrived at the rather inconspicuous corner shop near the Methodist Secondary School. The entrance to the Methodist Message Office was even more inconspicuous! The streets were quiet because it was a Public Holiday to celebrate Prophet Mohammad's birthday.

I was told that landmarks to indicate where the Methodist Message Office could be found were the MAS office and DAP's Wong Ho Leng's office!

And inside the office was another inner office or sanctuary which is Meng Lei's book and tea tins lined office. There were already ten or so members ( ten or more is a very Foochow reckoning)sipping tea daintily from those lovely tea cups.

The welcome was very touching and brotherly!! I felt as if I had come back from my river and lake (kerng hoo) escapade and I was home with brothers and sisters in arms. Unknown to me Meng Lei had sent out an sms to let friends know that he was having a tea meeting even though it was a public holiday thus making this post possible.

And I thank Phyllis and Meng Lei for this wonderful tea journey.

Stay tuned!!

(Photo by Liong - a tea group friend and sent to me by Meng Lei)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...