Your Ad Here

Monday, June 29, 2009

Inspiration Behind My Dream. Intorduction.











On the pictures from top to bottom: 1.Grand Duchesses Olga and Tatiana Romanoff, 1913. 2. Grand Duchess Olga Romanoff. 3.Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanoff. 4.The screen shot of my website in the making .
I was born in Russia, a country of white sparkling snows, gold-headed churches, magnificent history and, above all, kind and beautiful people.My first introduction to the world of divine hats happened in the private library of my Grandfather. There, at the age of three, I discovered an old book filled with black and white photographs of the Russian Royal Family. I remember being absolutely mesmerized by the beauty of the hat worn by Alexandra Romanoff and her daughters, Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia. Those images stayed with me forever.Many years later, after graduating with a degree in linguistics, I, unexpectedly, have discovered the most seductive place in the world – New York. I ended up crossing the Atlantic Ocean and found myself precisely in front of the Oscar de la Renta boutique. That moment marked the beginning of my love affair with Fashion. New York was unexplored territory, and I immediately fell in love with it.New York was incredibly generous to me and has opened the doors of the Parson School Of Design, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and many other brilliant exhibitions where I spent countless hours studying fashion design, the history of fashion, and attending numerous seminars and lectures. Ultimately, I discovered that my true passion lies in the field of millinery arts. My most treasured experience in studying the art of traditional millinery came from my long stay in Great Britain. There, I had the privilege of being taught by one of the most legendary names in the field of millinery arts, Mrs. Rose Cory. A brilliant lady who, as well as making hats for many eminent people and theatrical productions, produced hats for Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. After my return to beloved New York, I have decided to open a Couture Millinery Atelier under my name where I immediately started to work on developing my first, deeply personal collection, "Je Ne Regrette Rien". It was launched on December 15th, 2008. And so my dream came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...