Your Ad Here

Monday, July 20, 2009

11 And A Half Things That Make My Style Unique.

(Hats by Stephen Jones for Vogue 2006)
I believe that the sense of Style is a gift which can never be learned. I believe that one can not be stylish by choice because Style is absolute - you either live your life with the sense of Style in everything you do, either you don't. Federico Fellini once said: " Live your life spherically, in many different directions and only then would it be possible to achieve an ultimate goal of living to the full potential of your being." And so I try...
1. My mornining starts at 5:30 a.m with my routine 4 mile run. I run rain or shine, in the Fall, Summer, Winter and Spring. I especially enjoy running in the snow.( Wearing Stella McCartney's sports wear for adidas helps!!!)

2. I always surround myself with beauty. Nothing insipres me more than clusters of flower bouquets. I order them every week: white roses, peonies, violets - they are everywhere: in my Atelier, in my studio and all over my house.
3. You will probably smile, but I do have precious china cups for each and very one of my moods.I drink my morning cup of coffee enjoying every drop of it in preparations of another fabulous day ahead of me.
Hats created by my Atelier "French Chocolate" and "Mademoiselle" (Part of the Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien"). Editorial photo for my Atelier. Hats modeled by my daughter Anastasia on the left and Model Iryna Mazur on the left.

4. I love hats! I create hats and, more importantly, I wear hats I create.I am my own biggest fan. Hats posses a tremendous power of transformation, they create not only a unique style, but also an air of mystique around you...People react to it in the most unexpected, fabulous ways.

5. I can not imagine my life without Ballet. It has been a big part of my life ever since I can remember. It inspired me in so many different ways( I will write more about this topic in a separate post, of course). It doesn't matter if I am in New York, London or Moscow - first place I visit is Ballet Theater.

6. For the past few years I have been training during Summer months only to obtain my pilots license. My instructor tells me I would need another 25 hours in supervised navigation in the air before I could fly solo (nothing big, just a small single engine plane) . With any luck I will be a licensed pilot by next Fall!

7. There is something beyond romance between two that comes with taking lessons in Argentinian Tango. My husband and I are enjoying it tremendously. Not to mention fabulous fishnets, black velvet dancing shoes and high slit tight dress I get to wear for my Tango lessons.
8. Thankfully, I have managed to quit smoking many years ago. But even though this seductive habit is far in the past, I still allow myself to enjoy a grate cigar once in a while.

(Vogue UK, July 2005)
9. I breath Fashion. It is a big part of my life. Not only do I live my life in Fashion, I have a privilege of creating it. I posses one of the largest privet collections of Fashion books including every single issue of Vogue since 1999.
10. Despite the demands of every day life I refuse to stop wearing sky high heels! Every pair of shoes I own is a story with in itself: doesn't matter if it is Prada Fairy Shoes, divine pearl gray YSL Tribute pumps or spectacular jeweled creations by Ungaro.

11. I am definitely a LANVIN girl ! I simply can not get enough of Lanvin. Largest part of my wardrobe consists of creations by Lanvin in every jeweled tone possible . They are always so elegant an so very chic.

****Note on the side**** I am never late! Even if it means fashionably late. :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...