Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Closet Confidential: Shoe Obsession. I Will Never Be Cured!

Something very extraordinary happened over this past weekend. After almost 16 weeks of waiting, my beautiful French vintage shoe display case has, finally, arrived directly from France! I have spotted it a while ago in one of the auction houses and immediately new that I have to have this Diva of a display in my bedroom.Divine, pearl-gray - a perfect background for showcasing my beautiful shoe collection. I spent my entire Sunday in my closet going through stocks of shoe boxes trying to decide which of my precious shoes get to be displayed as tiny masterpieces. Well, it felt like I went shopping all over again - I simply forgot how many fabulous pairs of shoes I had. :-)))

When in 2005 Emmanuel Ungaro revealed his Spring/Summer Collection, I, literally, forgot how to breath. I had to have those fabulous sky high jeweled platforms. They are even more beautiful in person. And so I got them in teal-green...
And in amethyst violet and in cream& gold too!!! I wore them every Summer since 2005.
I absolutely had to have this blue satin Manolo Blahnik pumps after seeing "Sex And The City" in the company of my shoe-obsessed girlfriend. Fortunately, Neiman Marcus had the only size available and it turned out to be my size! Talk about singes from above :-)))
In 2006, I entirely lost my sleep over new at the time confection courtesy of Louboutin. Zeppa platforms. I adore, adore, ADORE them! I have them in yellow and pink and in blue and silver combination.Louboutin Zeppa platforms were included in the famous exhibition of Louboutin creations displayed in FIT in New York.

The minute I saw legendary Prada Fairy Collection I knew, I would simply die if I would not have my Prada Fairy shoes. I have been lucky and pre-ordered them directly from Prada in London.
My red Prada Fairy shoes came as unexpected surprise from my husband for my Birthday.
And, of course, my fabulous lace overlay Louboutin pumps - I got to wear them only twice so far, but they are one of my favorite pairs in my shoes collection.
This is my almost everyday-all-time-most-favorite pair of nude with french lace overlay ALAIA wedges. I fell in love with them so much, that I had to get three pairs of them (just in case) to last me a long, long time.
And this is my latest addition - divine pearl-gray suede YSL Tribute pumps.Very rare and difficult to find. Imagine my utter excitement when I saw a perfect new pair of YSl Tributes up for auction on Ebay. I fought like a lioness and I won!:-))) They will go so perfectly with my Nina Ricci gray sweater and my long silk Rick Owens gray draped skirt. I am, actually looking forward to upcoming Fall season this year more than ever!
For me the obsession with shoes will , probably, never stop.As far as I am concerned all the girl need to feel truly chic is a great pair of shoes and a fabulous hat !
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...