Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Model As Muse:Embodying Fashion

Divine Exhibition "Model As Muse"

The cover of the book "Model As Muse"

Photograph of my Muse Model Iryna in Red "La Parisienne" during the photo session for my first Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien" 2008 (Photographed by Zorz Studios)


Photograph of my Muse Model Iryna wearing "Confidante.She, Who Holds My Secrets" during the photo session in St.Regis Hotel, New York, for my first Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien" 2008 (Photographed by Zorz Studious)


Dior Haute Couture. Late 90-s


One of the Haute Couture Creations presented as a part of "Model As Muse"


Vogue editorial "Romeo And Juliette"
Dior Haute Couture
Shadows Muse


Dior Haute Coutur


Cecil Beaton, 1950

The new spectacular exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum Of Art examines the relationship between high fashion and ever evolving ideals of beauty through the careers of iconic models. They posed in the salons, walked the runways and exploded onto the pages of Vogue and every major fashion magazine in the world. The concept of Model as a Muse goes back several decades all the way to the Dior's New Look created by the Master in 1947. Dovima, Suzy Parker, Sunny Harnett became the ever shining stars of the Golden Age of Haute Couture. Decade after decade the evolution of Fashion In Muse carefully presented by the exhibition. From Twiggy in the 60-s, through the divine Age of Supermodels into today's perception of Muse-Inspiration - the exhibition is a must see for any fashion breathing creature as myself. When it comes to me, as a designer, I now doubt very much that my first Collection would ever happen without the inspiration of my Muse and dearest friend Iryna Mazur. Undeniable, captivating beauty, with an iron will to match, with fascinating combination of weaknesses and strengths, she became my endless inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...