Your Ad Here

Monday, July 6, 2009

The Story Behind The Hat: "Sweet Memories". Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien" 2008.


(on the photo: Hat "Sweet Memories", part of the Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien", 2008. Photographed by Zorz Studios.)
I immigrated to the US in 1999. This was single most drastic thing I have ever done in my life. Not only that I had to leave everything I loved and knew, I had to leave my parents, my baby sister, my friends... But the most difficult part of my immigration process was separation from my little daughter Anastasia. She was only 4 years old when I had to leave her. We were reunited in the US when she was 7. Three long years of being apart. There is no words to describe the pain of not being able to hold your child. What kept me going was memories of my Anastasia and hope. I have saved the memories of her smiling, every single funny moment with her, her every touch deep in my heart. One of my most favorite memories was the memory "with cherries''. Anastasia was 3 at the time. Once, we were walking through the local market when we noticed a Lady who was selling cherries out of the bucket. Cherries were so rare back in my country, it was such a treasure! Treasure we could not afford. Kind Lady took a paper bag, put few handfuls of cherries in it and gave it to my little Anastasia charge free. I will never forget Anastasia's happy face and her smile while she was tasting berries for the first time in her life...I turned this much cherished memory into the hat and I named it "Sweet Memories" (Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien", 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...