Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog Alert! Check it out...


Dear readers I have an announcement to make. I'm a papa! Okay...not really, but my brother is (he and his wife just got the final thumbs up a week ago from the adoption agency they were looking into in China...so I'm going to be an Uncle!)...but really that doesn't compare to the news I have today. My brother, author of the wonderfully irreverent Elusive as Robert Denby, and I have started a new blog called It's Garbage Day! (Kudos to those of you you can spot the reference), and beginning tomorrow we will have our first post up. We've blatantly ripped off the idea of a "conversations" (ahem sorry Ed and Jason) piece for all the movies we will discuss...which, in case you couldn't tell, will most likely be bad movies. However, we don't want to bore anyone with conversations about bad movies...no these are bad movies that say something. You will not want to miss our conversation on Neil Labute's The Wicker Man.

This blog also gives me an outlet to talk more about bad, or just so-so, horror movies. I don't really like writing "reviews" for them, and since I owe much of my horror knowledge to my brother, I figured a better avenue for that type of discourse would be on another blog where he and I share writing duties.

I hope you'll join us tomorrow at It's Garbage Day! for our first conversation (I'll leave you in suspense as to what it is we're talking about)...it's going to be a good one. Of course, the reason I am telling you all this and pimping the blog on here is that I want all of you (especially you horror buffs...there's going to be a lot of horror and 70's B-movie conversations that'll cover everything from Alienator to Malone starring Burt Reynolds to some of our favorite Italian hacks like Umberto Lenzi...and of course the films of John Saxon), my dear and faithful readers, to stop by and follow the blog if you think it's worth your time. We'd love to have these conversations with everyone, not just each other...because quite honestly we talk about this stuff every time we see each other (and our friends just roll their eyes).

So I hope I'll see you all tomorrow at the new blog...which in no way will take away from this blog -- hopefully it'll add to it and make me a better writer.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...