Your Ad Here

Monday, September 14, 2009

Is $5.99 too much for Bertolucci's 1900?


So I went to my local Borders bookstore today to get myself a new book of New York Times crosswords, and as I was in the queuing line waiting to be helped I noticed an impulse rack with $5.99 DVDs...most were bollocks, however, one caught my eye -- the 310 uncut version (2-discs) of Bertolucci's 1900. I've never seen the film, but it's one I've always been curious about (mostly due the infamous production of the movie and multiple versions); however, I know people who really dislike the film and claim it to be nothing more than a laborious exercise in a filmmakers obsession with himself. So...for those of you who have seen the movie: is it worth plunkin' down six bucks for the DVD? Or should I just bide my time and wait for it to show up on premium cable (but who knows if you're getting the uncut version)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...