Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Get Pumped! Four days until the Italian Horror Blog-a-thon


We’re a mere four days away from the first annual Italian Horror Blog-a-thon here at Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies (and my first attempt at hosting a blog-a-thon in general). Yes, I said first annual because in the weeks that I have been preparing for this blog-a-thon (which has taken me away from the blog for awhile) I’ve realized that there are so many Italian horror flicks that I haven’t seen, or classic ones that I won’t cover in the next couple of weeks, that I’ll have to do this thing again next year in order to cover everything I want to cover. The fact that the response has been so great for this blog-a-thon (thanks so far everyone!) before it has even started sealed the deal for me…I want to do this again next year. So, we start in four days and I’ve already proclaimed the blog-a-thon a success, hehe. Presumptuous? Perhaps, but I feel good about the quality of reviews from those of you who have voiced interest in participating.

Here’s how this will work: The first post will go up at 7am Pacific time on Monday the 19th. All subsequent posts will go up at the same time. If we’ve talked via email or through the comments section of the previous post then please just email me your review (by this I mean the text with attached pictures if you have any) with a link to your blog, or you can simply notify me of your contribution by posting the link in the comments for this post. You can submit a piece anytime between the 19th and the 31st, just let me know about it so I can properly pimp your blog.

I appreciate the interest so far. This endeavor has been received well beyond what I ever hoped or imagined, so thank you all for that. This should be a lot of fun…gruesome, bloody, gratuitous fun. See you on Monday.

* Picture courtesy of Dario Argento's Tenebre (seriously...how awesome are those guys?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...