Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Zombies, Cannibals, and Witches…oh my!


Attention fellow movie buffs and horror aficionados: Announcing the Italian Horror Blog-a-Thon running from October 19 – 31 here at Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies. Here’s what to do: watch an Italian horror movie and write about it. Send me an email or leave me the link in the comments section here and I will post it starting October 19th. Of course I will pimp your site properly…all I ask is that you do the same for me. More info after the jump...


There are some great posts planned by me and other bloggers…so come join the party on October 19th and see what’s in store for the two weeks leading up to Halloween night. If you love horror films but have never seen an Italian horror and what to contribute to the project I suggest starting with gialli like Mario Bava’s Bay of Blood or Argento’s Deep Red; or how about the ethereal supernatural horror of Argento’s beautiful Suspiria or Lucio Fulci’s The Beyond…or you if you’re a zombie fan you can always go with the popular gore-fest Zombi 2 by Fulci, or the wonderfully campy Nightmare City by Umberto Lenzi. There will be tons of links leading you to great Italian horror thoughts for two solid weeks, so don’t miss what will truly be a fun and interesting celebration of my favorite subgenre.

If you’d like to participate by helping me promote this thing then please click on one of the jpegs below and put it up on your site somewhere…all I ask is that you please link it back to this post. Thanks. I look forward to seeing you all on the 19th (another reminder will come a few days before the blog-a-thon kicks off), and don’t forget if you’re interested in participating leave a comment or send me an email.

* A special thank you to Greg of Cinema Styles for doing the amazing sidebar banners. Thanks a bunch, Greg.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...