Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Farewell To The Glorious 2009! (And One Very Special Interview)

I have received this gorgeous drawing back in August of this year and would like to, once again, say THANK YOU to the wonderful and so very talented artist Kat of Pencilfashion Blog who made this drawing for my Atelier. Don't you just love this fabulous hat? Kat, you are an inspiration and I am so thrilled to have you as a friend...As 2009 is almost over I felt that proper farewell is in order. It was a wonderful, glorious year and it was very generous to me: I have launched my second Collection "Russia Divine.Tribute.", I have been invited to work with one of the legendary names in the industry- Stephen Jones (Hats So Much, Steven :-) ) and was lucky to have an opportunity to make hats for the Collections of Jason Wu, Donna Karan, Kinder Aggugini, Comme Des Garcons and John Galliano. I have been blessed with loving, supportive family who kept me going through the months of often very demanding schedule in London. I have also started this Blog and came to know and become friends with so many talented and extraordinary people :-). I wish to all of you peace and prosperity, love and happiness in the New 2010! I have a feeling it is going to be a magical year! :-)
2009 was also a milestone for me. It marked 10 years since I left Russia in search of a better life and American Dream just like thousands of immigrants before me. 10 years since I had to start my life all over again. I have found more than I ever hoped for. Since the launch of my debut Collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien" in 2008, I had a privilege of giving several interviews to various publications, as well as making hats for several fashion editorials (more details later). One of the most special interviews for me was the interview for my home town magazine "Where Minsk" which was published in September issue.
I know many of you do not speak Russian and will not be able to read it, but I thought I would post it anyway. It seems like a great way to put a period mark to the decade full of struggles and victories, the decade that change me in so many ways and gave me so much! It felt GREAT! 10 years later to give an interview to the magazine in the city I grew up, loved and had to leave. It felt great to be back. :-)
It made my Mom so very proud! :-) I would like to say thank you to the journalist Victoria Naymova who worked with me on this interview for being so diligent, professional and understanding...Happy New Year to all! Until next year everybody!:-)
Front Cover of the "Where Minsk" magazine, Spetember 2009.
Back Cover of the "Where Minsk" magazine, September 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...