Your Ad Here

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fashion Pins

Beautiful Shawl Pins - Brooch Pins
By Meryl Rougeaux

Fashion Pin
I love to add that little bit of extra style to my shawls when I wear them with formal attire. Of course, while many people might opt for jewelry, I just open my jewelry box which is filled with an assortment of shawl - brooch pins.

While shawls are known to be fashion accessories, brooches go one step further and give fashion an extra look of grace and elegance. While some may think that shawl pins are nothing but little gadgets to hold your scarf or shawl in place, I feel they are much more than that.

These items are extremely versatile and I realized this very early on in life. When I wear them, I end up looking polished and attracting attention to one focal point of my outfit. I do not use my these just for keeping my capes and stoles in place. I use them as brooches, as accent pieces on my hat (when I wear one), or as a way of keeping my cloth belt in place.

Brooch PinSpoiling my outfits or my beloved shawls was my biggest fear of using shawl pins earlier. However, with experience I have come to realize that shawl pins should primarily be used with knitted, crocheted and woolen shawls or scarves. I simply do not use them with my expensive cashmere, silk or Pashmina shawls or scarves. Even then I take care to unpin the shawl pins carefully so that no thread or fabric gets snagged. However, there can be occasions when yarn or fabric gets caught in your pin, all you have to do is gently and slowly remove the pin without pulling or tugging.

I usually only use a lightweight brooch and take a layer of my clothes along with the stole when pinning. This ensures that it sits firmly plus my cape stays in place. I love that little extra touch these fashion jewels are able to give to my clothes and I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in further accessorizing their scarves, shawls, hats or bags. The results are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...