Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shopping At 31 Rue De Cambon.

Last Fall, while being in Paris I, of course, visited glorious Chanel store at legendary 31 Rue De Cambon. There is something very exciting in shopping in Paris, not to mention shopping in Paris at Chanel...It became one of the most wonderful memories I brought with me from my Fall in Europe. :-)
I rarely buy things out of necessity or simply because it is fun to shop. Instead, I buy things that I fall in love with at first sight. I am very decisive that way and once my "chemical romance" occurs I do not hesitate one single minute.
Once I saw this fabulous Chanel skirt on the runway all symptoms of my love at first sight came to life. I immediately knew that this amazing creature has to live in my closet!!! I think, I even forgot how to breath for a second.
Layers and layers of tulle, graced with a top layer of the most fabulous Chantilly lace Chanel style. It was floating on the runway, so chic, so elegant... How could I resist ?
I immediately called Chanel boutique in New York hoping to pre-order my new obsession. Imagine my devastation when I was told that this skirt will not be available in New York, it will be only available in Paris. Well, all roads lead to Paris anyway :-))) I was able to contact Chanel in Paris and wonderful Chanel Fairies were so kind to let me purchase my skirt. I specifically asked not to ship it to me, instead I decided to pick it up myself. And so I did. :-)
I wore it for the first time this Sunday for Valentine's Day, paired with my Valentino cardigan and another result of my "chemical romance" - YSL booties. Because of the Valentine's Day I thought it would be more than appropriate to add my beautiful Prada Velvet mini bag in divine rich red color . I have to blame my old camera for the wrong shade of red in the picture. :-)
I did get a lot of complements on my beautiful skirt. And the first one was from my husband :-)
I have told him that for our upcoming 10 year Anniversary together, I would love to go back to Paris, to 31 Rue De Cambone. :-)I am very much looking forward to it.
I hope that all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love and joy. I know I did ! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...