Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Film Studies: Immortal Beloved + Quick and the Dead

(1st assignments in my Environment classes at Concept Design Academy)

Film Studies from "Immortal Beloved" for Rodney Fuentebella's Environment Design Course
Do two thumbnails for each scene
1) Value Study to see where contrast leads the eye, see lighting effects, notice use of darks + lights and why
2) Dissect, simplify, and see what the key components are in the scene, pay attention to composition and why things work or don't work in it


Film Studies from the "Quick and the Dead" for Ed Li's Sketching the Environment Course
Create simple thumbnails to dissect composition. Look for the 4 types of spaces in each frame. 1) Deep 2) Flat 3) Limited 4) Abstract
To learn more about these types of space I suggest reading:
(there is a new edition but I haven't seen it so I can't recommend it)
I went further in detail then the assignment required, the point was to stay simple and see the key elements in the scene. For learning purposes I would suggest doing LOTS of simple ones instead of my over the top ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...