Your Ad Here

Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank You Italian Flair! :-) Editorial Hats.

Italian Flair March 2010 Cover
It was so much fun working on three hats requested by Italian Flair Magazine for editorial in March 2010 Issue. :-) This pearl grey beauty was created by me in the shape of the sand dune out of very light charmeuse silk. I have created two more hats in nude and in cream colors, but it was decided not to use them in the editorial. All three hats live in my Atelier now :-) So happy to see one of the hats on this beautiful model!
My Hat In Flair Editorial
It was almost impossible to find Italian Flair in the US and so I turned to gorgeous Rachel of Inspiration in Italy who was so kind and generous to send me scans of the issue. :-))) Thank you, Rachel!!!
In addition, I have received two more photographs of the hats I worked on in London in Stephen Jones Atelier. Both were done for the Rio Fashion Rocks 2009 event. This fabulous cloche was made out of felt with feathers and had a very complecated construction process involved. :-)))
I wrote about the creation of this eclectic feather head piece at length here (if you did not read it yet, do so!) :-) I just think this model has an amazing butt - to die for! This picture inspired me to sign for spinning classes :-)
Drawing By Nuno DaCosta
I am wishing you all wonderful weekend :-) . It is going to rain all weekend long in New York and I am looking forward to spending quite time working on few unfinished projects, going to the movies with my little Anastasia, backing a cherry pie and doing some Spring shopping too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...