Your Ad Here

Friday, April 23, 2010

Drawing Club: Bonnie and Clyde

Kind of had a hard time getting into this character and figuring out how I wanted to handle her. The original plan was to brush up on my graphite drawing and after about half the session fighting with the reflective glare from the metallic lead I finally caved and pulled out something different. I played with multiple ink pens and still wasn't getting what I wanted. Then I pulled out the brush pen, oh yea, that combined with watercolor saved the evening. These came out a lot more effortlessly and it was just so much more enjoyable. I'll get back to graphite some other session, it just wasn't working for this character. I do believe the character and mood is amplified by the media you use, and when you get the right combination it sells your idea that much better than just sticking with one media you're good at.
(Oh, these are about 3/4 original size. I always forget to add this part)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...