Your Ad Here

Friday, May 21, 2010

How To Say "NO" To The Fabulous Pair Of Shoes. Resisting Chanel Clogs.

The minute I tried on this fabulous pair of Chanel clogs in Chanel boutique in NYC, I lost my mind. Ordinarily, in the event of me loosing my mind over spectacular pair of shoes, I would immediately buy them without a shred of hesitation or doubt. However, this time I decided to take my time and think about this purchase over lunch. When I came back an hour later Chanel clogs in my size were gone. Being an endless optimist, I decided that I will be able to get them on EBay. My hopes were crushed into million little pieces when I saw prices on EBay for my gorgeous Chanel clogs - $2,450 !!!
Did I mention that I lost my mind? :-))) Well, I decided to go ahead with my purchase despite the price, thinking that I will regret for the rest of my life if I don't get them NOW and that I can always plead temporary insanity when it comes to explaining this purchase to my hubby. :-))) Thankfully, just as I was about to commit to buying, my telephone rang. Once I finished my conversation, I realized that spending this kind of money on a pair of shoes would be plain stupid. Knowing myself all too well and being aware of the fact that I will change my mind in 10 minutes, in a desperate attempt to say "NO" to Chanel clogs I froze my credit cards in this lovely plastic container you see above on the picture (in case you are wondering :-) ) .
Since freezing my credit cards, I have been suffering severe Chanel clogs withdrawal symptoms. Last night, for example, I had disturbing dream about baby elephant who wore this fabulous clogs while I was worrying sick that he will ruin them running through the mud. :-)))
I adore shoes! I adore beautiful shoes! Shoes are the only accessory besides hats that hold tremendous power over me. And now I am obsessed with Chanel clogs. :-)
Since Chanel clogs on EBay cost a little bit more than a round trip ticket to Paris I, finally, decided that it would be a good idea to get ticket to Paris instead!
But wouldn't it be even more fabulous to go to Paris wearing Chanel clogs!!?
How do you, darlings, say "NO' to the pair of shoes you fall in love with? :-)
Wishing you all wonderful weekend :-). When it comes to me, I am hoping to be cured of my Chanel-clog-obsessive-compulsive drama by Monday morning. Until then strawberry cheesecake is the best medicine I discovered so far. I intent to eat 3 pieces! Maybe even 5...Who cares :-)))









Images on this post are courtesy of Jak&Jil, Garance Dore, Dustjacket Attick and me :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...