Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In Search Of The Perfect Bag. My Darling Vintage Rosenfeld.

Do you speak florals? :-) I do very rarely. Not only I am not a "bag girl" in general, but I also prefer very simple, elegant designs with minimum hardware and monochromatic color. Well, it feels great to surprise yourself once in a while and discover the side of yourself you did not know existed.
That is exactly what happened when I saw this vintage oversizes bag by Rosenfeld. I have been searching for a new bag to update my wardrobe for the Summer when I came across this unbelievably gorgeous bag. It was love from the very first sigh : the shape, the fabric, overall design - exquisite!
The fabric of the bag is something that deserves entire essay on the subject of color combinations and texture. I have never seen velvet so rich in such a wide range of colors from dark plum to the pale pink. It was made by Rosenfeld several decades ago and carefully preserved by Mrs. Chery Lin of MiX Gallery.
Here you see my darling Rosenfeld photographed in my Atelier. I feel that it needs to be framed and displayed as magnificent piece of Art. I am so in love with it, I am afraid to wear it out. :-)
The Summer is always here. :-) I have added several rose bushes to my garden and two more bushes of precious peonies in pale pink. They remind me of this YSL design. :-) Do you remember the line Miranda Pristley sarcastically spoke in "Devil Wears Prada": - Florals for Spring? Groundbraking!

Well, maybe not groundbreaking, but to me florals hold an endless ocean of possibilities when it comes to design, color combinations and shapes. From my several decades old darling Rosenfeld to modern day Collections in florals - this is exactly why florals should be considered to be classics just a like a little black dress .:-) Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...