Your Ad Here

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Les Miserables - upcoming feature film

News about Les Miserables in London's theatres and a mention of the anticipated musical feature film...

From Daily Mail's Baz Bamigboye:

Pop heart-throb Nick Jonas arrives in London soon to prepare for his West End theatre debut, playing the role of Marius in Les Miserables.

I can reveal that Nick, 17, will perform the part of student Marius at the Queen's Theatre for a three week run from June 21.

It's not the first time the singer has been associated with the blockbuster musical, which is now in its 25th year. He played the part of Gavroche in the last nine months of Les Miserable's run on Broadway in 2003.

Meanwhile, a revised version of Les Miserables has been playing to sell- out audiences across Britain. That production is now in Paris for a six-week run before resuming its UK tour, which will include a run at London's Barbican from September 14.

* * *

Mackintosh told [Baz of Daily Mail] there will be Les Mis productions next year and the year after in Madrid, Mexico, Korea, Italy, Japan and the U.S..

And a screenwriter is about to be contracted to work on a big-screen version which Mackintosh is producing with Working Title Films.

Read full article at Daily Mail

I was hoping that they'd be further ahead by now but at least they're starting somewhere for what I hope will be a great musical film of this Victor Hugo classic.
Hey, wait a minute! I just realized that in all those countries listed, nowhere do I see Canada?! I knew I should have seen it back in my first year of university when the city was plastered with posters for the musical. Sadly, I didn't know then what it was all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...