Your Ad Here

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Second Life Of My Poor Miss Lanvin # 13. :-)

In December of last year I blogged about my Poor Miss Lanvin #13. You can find original post right here. It happened so that Miss Lanvin #13 became one of my favorite dolls out of the entire Miss Lanvin Porcelain Doll Collection of 2009.
Look at her, isn't she a beauty? I fell in love with her instantly and providing the fact that Miss Lanvin #13 was a part of a limited addition of only 800 dolls, I anxiously waited for my Christmas gift...yes, she was suppose to be my Christmas gift!
Imagine my absolute devastation when I opened a box and found my gorgeous Miss Lanvin broken in shipping into thousands little pieces. I refused to throw it away because even broken this doll was the most amazing creature as far as I was concerned. I promised you that I would give her a second life and would make a hat out of her. :-) And so, today, it is my great pleasure to introduce to you.....Ta-dam!!!! :-)))
My Miss Lanvin hat made out of the broken Poor Miss Lanvin #13. I got my wish and Miss Lanvin got her second life. It was, most certainly, a challenge because I had never worked with porcelain before. And even though it took careful thought, time and planning, I have to say - this hat is even more stunning in person.:-) Please, click on the picture to see a larger version.
I used luxurious double faced satin in beautiful cobalt blue for the base of the hat and chose to encrust hat with real pearls, silk tulle, velvet bows and large colored Swarovski crystals. :-)
My Miss Lanvin hat now lives in my Atelier and brings smile to my face every time I look at her. :-)
I believe that even broken dolls deserve to have a second chance. :-) Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...