Your Ad Here

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sir Edwin Austin Abbey

I don't usually make inspirational posts, but for this incredible find I will make an exception. While at Ringling College of Art and Design I used to frequent Kimbrough library, one of the most amazing places ever. SO MANY high quality rare and out of print art resources. Oh how I miss it!
Portrait of Edwin Austin Abbey by John Singer Sargent
But anyway, one of my absolute favorite out of print books was "Edwin Austin Abbey: The Record of His Life and Work Vol. I and II" by E. V. Lucas. He is and always will be one of my favorite artist of all time. At one point I found a copy on Amazon but it was way out of my price range. Then I guess someone finally bought it because now it is unavailable. Yesterday while cleaning up my amazon wishlist I decided to find out who holds the copyright to see if it could be reprinted. Instead after a little searching I FOUND IT! Already in PDF form, both Volume I and II and the images are incredibly clear and quite high-res.
* Hint: Wait for the files to completely download then save, it may take a bit

Because this made me SO HAPPY! And just for fun here are some of my favorite images that I photographed of the book while still at Ringling :]
Enjoy, and have a wonderful day!
- Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...