Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Costume Designer for Downton Abbey - Susannah Buxton

I'm thoroughly enjoying the trip back in time to 1912 with the residents of Downton Abbey. I didn't expect to fall in love with this era and in particular the period costumes, ohhhh but the costumes! I've heard from others who've loved this era for a long time and already knew of its allure but I've just become enamoured with this turning point in history and the stunning fashion in a carefree time that was soon to be changed forever due to the approaching war.

I've been eager to know more about Susannah Buxton, the costume designer for Downton and grateful to Una at Milk Publicity for sharing this video clip that aired on ITV's This Morning.


Here are some of my favourite outfits spotted during the series...













I adore this jacket worn by Maggie Smith.

Pic on left is during the scene where the Dowager says to Cora, "I always thought this family might be approaching dissolution. I didn't know that dissolution was already upon us!"









I just chose my favourite images of the ladies except for this one pic.

Doesn't Lord Grantham look dashing? ;)













































































See also
"The Hats of Downton Abbey", Edwardian Fashion, etc at Downton Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...