Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Head Games. French Veils. Volume 1

In my opinion French Veils are just about the only perfect accessory with in itself. I often recommend French veils to those of my customers who feel a bit scared to wear a hat, but still want to do something out of the ordinary.
I, myself, love to add French veils to my every day look. It makes me feel chic. :-) My favorite combination is red lipstick and dramatic black veil - this never failed me yet! Not many of you know that French veils are extremely hard to find and today I decided to share with you several tips on the subject of the phenomena of French Veils.
My veiled Hats
As I mentioned above,French veils are very rare find at this point (unless French will decide to start producing them again). As a milliner, I find myself on the constant hunt for them. French Veils were widely available all over Europe until late 70-s. If you are lucky enough, you can still find old stocks of veils somewhere in France or England in estate sales or vintage shops.
Do not confuse French Veils with what is now known as "birdcage" veil available in large quantities on EBay and numerous other sites. Personally, I consider "birdcage" veils extraordinarily terrible both in quality and appearance.  It is always made of synthetic materials and have very limited color pallet.
French veils are always made of silk. That is exactly what makes them so beautiful and perfectly ageless. There are also countless designs in the patterns of French Veils and, of course, colors! This is largely due to the simple fact that silk is much easier to die that synthetic materials. The difference in the depth of the colors would be visible even to a child.
If you are a lucky girl who found beautiful French Veil remember that veils do not like to be ironed. The chance of the damage is to high. Instead, I recommend steaming. Simple tea pot would be more than enough: just hold your veil for a few seconds over the steam. :-)
I absolutely adore this French Veils on the models of the Lanvin for H&M (photographed by very talented Tommy Ton ) show - perfect example of how French veils should be worn!
I firmly believe that it is impossible to argue with a girl who wears French Veil. She gets absolutely everything! Even the golden star from the sky. :-)
Veils must be stored in the dark. I also recommend storing them between two pieces of tissue paper, this way french Veil will serve you a lifetime!
It is very hard for me to believe that another weekend is gone and another week is already here.  I will spend mine doing some renovations on my house and preparing for the Christmas Season.:-) And , fo course, Atelier! Busy time of the year for me. :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...