Your Ad Here

Friday, November 19, 2010

New Things On My Bookshelf. Conversational Treasures.

 One of the greatest pleasure of my life is my love for books. It is my constant source of inspiration and my only guild free hobby.  Over this past Summer and this Fall I have made several additions to my personal library and would like to share them with you. :-))) . I completely fell in love with the book named "Geografia De La Moda Espanola", the cover of which you see on the picture above.
 I came across it by accident while working on extremely complicated new design , a hat I decided to name "Carmen". It is still in production and I will post pictures of it as soon as it will be finished. The book is filled with extraordinary designs by Spanish designers.
 Who knew that there are 28 talented names in the contemporary Spain. All 28 were a revelation to me.
         To my greatest shame the only Spanish designer until this point for me was Balenciaga.
I would recommend this book to anybody who loves Fashion as much as I do!
 This is also one of my favorites - book by Francois Baudot ( the author of many wonderful books on the subject of Fashion and Design) "Yohji Yamamoto" .
 The book is filled with spectacular images of the the designs by Yamamoto  who is considered to be firmly in the ranks of the world's greatest stylists.
 This book is one of my top favorites in my library - "Folkert De Jong: Les Saltimbanques". Undeniably, quintessential European production about the art of very young Dutch artist who makes this mind capturing creepy sculptures. :-)))
 They are beyond amazing. Do I see the shadow of Francisco Goya smiling in the corner of the pages?
 This book was an unexpected gift from a very good friend. Not something I would deliberately buy simply because I have never found Pucci fabric prints particularly interesting.
 What captured my attention is the evolution of the brand based on single direction. Fascinating really. :-)
 I also tremendously enjoying this book by the name "Sung" by Greenberg Van Doren. The book is a self- titled catalog which documents the work of Sung - a Thai artist born in 1984.
 Just like Takashi Murakami, Sung seems to embrace  some aspects of Anime style. I think that she is the one to watch.
 Extraordinarily talented, I think we will see great tings from Sung. :-)
  This girl with balloons reminds me of my daughter Anastasia. :-)
 "Avedon Fasion 1944-2000" is another fantastic book I would recommend to anybody. It is written by Carol Squiers and Vince Alleti Abrams. Fantastic 372-page catalogue filled with visions of great Avedon.
 I know that there are plenty of books dedicated to Grace out there, but this one, by far, is one of my absolute favorites. It was written by H. Kristina Haugland to accompany an exhibition in V&A. Delightful!
 "Pierre Cardin" is absolutely a must to read. His 60 years love affair with fashion holds not only inspiration but also hundreds of reflections to each decade for the past 60 years.
 Look at this thigh high boots, long gloves and color blocked dresses. The photograph is almost 60 years old and, yet, we see the elements of  Cardin's design in the most recent Fashion Collections.
 Finally, I have to admit - "Barbie" book was a spontaneous purchase, but I ended up enjoying it a lot!
 Not only did I enjoy the graphics and the tiny details of the doll's outfits, more so I enjoyed creeping out my hubby and Anastasia with this Barbie mask.
Anastasia reaction: "You should, like, totally wear this masks for teacher-parent conference!" . Brilliant idea, Anastasia, that will teach them! :-)))) . I am wishing all of you wonderful weekend.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...