Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Poll Results: Edwardian and Upstairs/Downstairs

Thought I would post the results from the two latest polls. Both polls were indirectly motivated by Downton Abbey. The poll asking Which Edwardian films have you seen? was a result of my longing to fill the void left by its conclusion and wanting to see more period dramas from that era.

The second poll was inspired after hearing about the upcoming remake of and of Upstairs, Downstairs and Downton Abbey, both which focus on the servants downstairs as well as the residents of the house upstairs and asked in the "Up-Down" poll: Which period dramas have you seen feature the hired help?

~ EDWARDIAN FILM POLL ~
Top 3: Titanic, Finding Neverland, My Fair Lady

(220 people voted with a total of 2760 votes)


~ UP-DOWN POLL ~
Top 3: Jane Eyre, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins

(272 people voted with total of 2064 votes cast)

I have to say that I was surprised how few people have seen Upstairs, Downstairs considering how it's said to be "greatly anticipated". I 'm guessing that many of the people who voted are of a younger generation who haven't seen the British classic which I've heard is beloved by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...