Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Remaining Impressions. Paris.

 First of all, I would like to apologise for being such a terrible Blog friend. I have been a little bit under the weather lately, still recovering from a very intense Summer and early Fall schedule. Not easy since the work load simply does not get any lighter. I promise to visit all of you with in the next day. :-)))
 One of my most favorite impressions of Paris was meeting dancers of Moulin Rouge. I , personally, think they are magic creatures from out of space. :-))) Costumes along became a such a great source of inspiration for me.
 Some time during the Fashion Week a beautiful girl came up to me to introduce herself and ask if she could order a very special hat. An elegant beauty by day and seductive Burlesque dancer by night - Mamzelle Viviane, here she is on the picture above. Isn't she amazing?
Having dinner later at night while in Paris became a tradition for me. :-))) One night, walking out of the restaurant I could hardly believe my own eyes.I thought I simply had too much wine. Right there, at the small table outside of the restaurant set the blogger extraordinaire Garance Dore with her friend. Dark hair twisted in a bun, brilliant smile - yes! my eyes did not deceive me. :-))) I just hope Garance did not think of me as a "crazy girl staring and loosing ability to speak." :-))))
 I, of, course, would not be myself if I would not mention amazing food served during the Fashion Week. This fabulous lunches and sweets absolutely deserve to be mentioned. :-)))I carefully photographed some of them. :-)





 Usually, I would make every effort to get to Laduree, but this time my schedule was so busy that I got to Laduree only once to enjoy this cup of coffee and this beautiful dessert.
While presenting at THE BOX, I have been approached by many people majority of whom were very generous and kind to me. But there is always that one exception out of the rule that leaves you wondering "what just happened!?" . Among other people I have been approached by a man who never introduced himself to me. He seemed to be very interested in my Collection, stopped and carefully looked at my hats for quite some time. In a spirit of the Fashion Week, I have suggested to him my business card and was abruptly refused. It is not that he did not take my business card at all, it was the way he refused it . I practically could feel the claws are coming out. I later learned that this man was Mr.K (let's call him Mr.K), well known New York milliner who is in business for more than 2 decades now. Maybe Mr. K did not sleep well the night before or maybe he had a tooth ache, who knows.. I always think that good manners is the best way to go, even if you are dealing with your competition! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...