Your Ad Here

Friday, December 10, 2010

Dolls Lost In The Magic Garden. Morpho. Part 2

 In Part 1 of my cobalt blue saga I introduced you to the Serpent Hat , inspired by the memories and divine creatures. Today I am introducing you to the jeweled Morpho Hat, also a part of the new Collection and  one of the creatures I know that lives in the Magic Garden. :-) I hope I do not sound too crazy. :-)
 When I was 4 I used to imagine that every wish we make turns into a beautiful butterfly and flys away to the Angels so that they could make it come true. Every time I would see a butterfly, I would smile and think that this is someone else's wish flying to Angels.
 I remember my best friend Lara who lived next door and with whom I played almost every day during the Summer time. Lara had the most beautiful dresses and always had candy in her pocket.:-) Once, Lara got very sick. I do not remember what it was but she had to stay in bed for a while. Summer without my Lara just wasn't the same...and I made a wish for Lara to get better.
 Days past, weeks even, but Lara was still very sick. I felt so very sad: my wish obviously  did not come true. And than, it is suddenly occurred to me that my wish, my butterfly, was probably lost in the Magic Garden and simply could not find its way to the Angels. I immediately made one more wish for Lara to get better, but this time I imagined it turning into a big beautiful Morpho (just like the one I saw in my Grandpa's book). This way Angels would definitely notice my wish!!!
 And they did. Lara recovered in early August, just in time for my Birthday. She brought the most beautiful gift for me:  necklace made out of berries. :-) I still remember it.  Lara and I ate it for dessert the same evening...
This is the story behind my Morpho Hat. Here you see a part of the editorial for my new Collection "The Secret Lives Of Dolls" with one of my dolls modeling it in my fabulous Dior gown :-).
I am wishing all of you wonderful weekend. It is very cold here in New York and I am planning to spend my weekend making long overdue Blog rounds and a little bit of a Holiday shopping!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...