Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 20, 2011

politically correct choice of dress

photos & dress info via Huffingtonpost 

This is perhaps the first look I absoloutly love- and won't forget- on the First Lady.  I think the usual hype on her style is purely political, & I have never been too fond of the choice of prints she wears.  I was even a bit taken back of all six pages worth of praise in the Vogue Best Dressed issue a few months back. However, Mrs. Obama redeemed herself -atleast to me- when she wore a red petal print gown by Alexander McQueen from the Resort 2011 collection.  This choice is so appropriate, because the fire-like silky red she wore symbolizes good luck in the Chinese culture, and the occasion was after all, the state dinner with China's president. Mrs. Obama even continues to play her shoulders, as she's known to, so she looks very confident & classy all together. I'm hoping she continues to embrace us all with her fashion more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...