Your Ad Here

Friday, March 4, 2011

Colin Firth & Carey Mulligan in My Fair Lady?

Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait... ♪♫♪

Okay, just a little bit excited with this latest rumour. Carey Mulligan has previously been mentioned as the front-runner for the role of Eliza Doolittle in the upcoming planned remake of My Fair Lady. (And according to some online articles, she IS attached to the film, barring any further complications with future film schedules?)

Colin (the ever regal, and now officially so) Firth had his name mentioned among others considered for the role of the curmudgeonly Professor Higgins and it seems that although top guns initially rejected him for the role, they are just as eager now to sign him up. Seems that Hugh Grant, at one time, favoured for the role, is now out?

I am trying not to get my hopes up that this pairing will actually happen but I have to say that I'm quite excited at the prospect of seeing Carey and Colin in the adaptation of Pygmalion.

What do you think?

Source: Hollywood.com
Read earlier updates on this remake

I was wondering about Carey Mulligan's singing voice... turns out that when she was younger, she wanted to be a musical actress and you can hear her sing in 'Write About Love'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...